Credentials & Community Partners
Bridges is accredited with The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Behavioral Health Care Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards.* The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective care.
Bridges is licensed by the CT Dept. of Children & Families and CT Dept. of Public Health.
*For more information, or should you have concerns about the safety or quality of services provided, please call The Joint Commission’s toll-free complaint hotline, (800) 994-6610, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, weekdays.
Bridges is grateful for all of our community partners who provide us with ongoing support, funding, services, and referrals that allow us to meet our clients’ needs.
Bridges offers many programs and services in partnership with local, state and federal organizations:
- Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut
- CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
- CT Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- CT Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
- CT Department of Social Services (DSS)
- CT State Department of Education
- City of Milford
- City of West Haven
- Town of Orange
- Town of Stratford
- Milford United Way
- Amity Regional School District #5
- Milford Public Schools
- West Haven Public Schools
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) via:
- Department of Economic and Community Development – City of Milford
- Community Development Administration – City of West Haven
Bridges also receives generous private funding from philanthropic individuals and foundations including The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, The Werth Family Foundation, Sarah McGill & James Silberstein, Barrett Outdoor Communications, CIGNA, The Milford Bank, Metro Star Properties, NFP, The Stanley Family Foundation, and many other generous donors.
Community Behavioral Health Partners
CommuniCare, Inc. is a collaboration between Bridges and BHcare that allows us to unite our strengths and resources to better meet the health needs of over 320,000 people throughout our combined regions. Each of the CommuniCare agencies are licensed, nationally accredited, and are designated by the CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services as the Local Mental Health Authority for the individual areas. With additional funding from the Department of Social Services, Department of Developmental Services, Department of Children and Families, as well as local and private sources, we provide a comprehensive range of recovery-based psychiatric and substance abuse services for adults and children.
Through this unique partnership, we offer the following programs:
You can make a difference today.
Give the gift of recovery and a healthy, fulfilling life.