Bridges Healthcare’s Commitment to Health Equity
Bridges Healthcare provides integrated behavioral health services to all people in a welcoming and respectful manner that values the inherent worth of every individual, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality and socioeconomic status. The agency is committed, both internally and within the community, to addressing health inequities to improve access to services in a culturally competent and inclusive manner.
Bridges is committed to the following to address health equity and promote an inclusive environment:
- An internal committee that provides resources to staff to increase knowledge around diversity, equity and inclusion
- Staff training to raise awareness around social and racial injustice and strategies to to support clients during treatment
- Regular review of cultural competencies, access to care, anti-discrimination and person centered care
- Investing in providing culturally-informed client care
Bridges’ health equity plan outlines the following action steps toward providing culturally informed care :
- Assessment of demographic data of individuals and communities served
- Modification of programs and services based on changes in demographics and identified needs
- Educating staff and the Board of Directors on internal policies that address culturally informed care
- Providing language assistance to individuals with limited English proficiency and/or other communication needs
Bridges has been formally recognized for our organizational commitment to the development of a racially just health equity plan and providing racially just and culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
You can make a difference today.
Give the gift of recovery and a healthy, fulfilling life.