It’s Mental Health Awareness Month!
Bridges Healthcare is celebrating Mental Health Awareness Month. We want YOU to help raise awareness and learn more about mental health and its important role for individuals and our community.
Mental illnesses are among the most common health conditions in the US. According to NAMI:
Bridges Healthcare promotes individual and community health, wellness, and recovery through integrated behavioral health services in Milford, Orange, West Haven, Stratford, and surrounding communities.
Read below for actionable steps you can take to support the mental health movement:
- Advocate – this month is the perfect time to let your legislators know how important mental health issues are to you. Here are a couple of ways to do so:
- Email your legislators – asking them to fully fund non-profits in the 2023 budget.
- Save the date and join us at the Nonprofit Rally & Advocacy Day at the State Capitol, Hartford, CT, on Wednesday, May 24 | 10 am – 2 pm| Contact email@example.com to learn more!
- Attend an event –
- Join us on May 13 | at 9 am at the Milford Health Department Spring 2023 Walk and Talk Series. Walk with our staff and other interested members in the community to learn more about programs being offered at Bridges.
- Get certified in Mental Health First Aid! Sign up for one of our free upcoming trainings.
- Save the date and mark your calendar: Folks on Spokes | October 1st, 2023.
- Learn more about mental health –
- See page 20 of this month’s Milford-Orange Times to read an article by Bridges CEO & President Jennifer Fiorillo, where she discusses milestones in the mental health space.
- If you or anyone you know needs support, call our helpline at 203-878-6365.
- We’ve also curated a list of helpful client and caregiver resources which can be found here.
Remember that you can play an active role in caring for your mental health and getting involved.