Mental Health Training
Bridges offers an internationally recognized training in mental health first aid—an 8-hour certification course to help people in the workplace, at school or in the community better understand mental illness and assist someone who is developing a mental health problem or is in crisis until a professional can be engated.
Who should take Mental Health First Aid training?
- Primary care professionals
- Employers, human resources professionals andbusiness leaders
- School personnel, nurses and educators
- First-responders, fire, police and correctionsofficers
- Public transportation providers
- Mental health authorities
- Public officials, policymakers, volunteers, andthe general publico be of vital assistance.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour interactive training course designed to give members of the public key skills to help someone who is devel-oping a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Similar to CPR training, Mental Health First Aid training helps an individual who doesn't have clinical training assist someone experiencing a mental health crisis.